"When you change the way you view birth, the way you birth will change"
- marie mongan
HypnoBirthing is a well-thought-out program of deep relaxation, self-hypnosis, breathing techniques, visualisation, affirmations and education which allows a woman to summon her natural birthing instincts and to birth her baby in safety and with ease. HypnoBirthing is based on the belief that birth is natural, normal and healthy. When a healthy woman, carrying a healthy baby, trusts birth, is free of fear and is appropriately relaxed – her body will function normally, gently and calmly - just like nature intended.
Unfortunately these days, women are inundated with negative stories of other women's birth experiences. Everyone from their mothers, family, friends and even strangers, are quick to tell them the horrors of giving birth. They have been conditioned to believe that birth is associated with excruciating pain and because of this, women today hold an unprecedent fear of giving birth. This extreme fear causes their bodies to become tense and this tension often prevents their bodies from easily performing the normal, physiological function of birth. This unfortunately leads to exactly the thing they fear the most - a long, painful and dissapointing birth.
A HypnoBirthing course will teach you to release all the emotions tied to these fear-based stories and misinformation and therefore help you to see birth as normal. You will learn to call upon your body’s own natural relaxant and thus lessen or eliminate discomfort and the need for medication. When a woman is properly prepared for childbirth and when her mind and body are in harmony, nature is free to function in the same well designed manner that it does with all other creatures. On completion of a HypnoBirthing course, you will be armed with all the tools you need to bring your baby earthside in a calm and gentle way.
The HypnoBirthing Advantage
- Teaches you to achieve deep levels of relaxation to eliminate the fear that causes tension and, thus, pain;
- Greatly reduces and often eliminates the need for chemical painkillers and drugs;
- Shortens the first phase of labour;
- Helps keep oxygen being supplied to your baby during birthing;
- Reduces the need for an episiotomy;
- Reduces and often eliminates fatigue during labour;
- Empowers you with techniques to achieve a gentle and calm birth for yourself and your baby;
- Gives your birthing companion an integral role in the birthing;
- Teaches breathing techniques that allow you to gently breathe your baby into the world without the violence of hard, physical pushing; and
- Leaves you feeling alert, fresh, awake and with energy throughout labour and after birth.
The result? A calm, relaxed, comfortable and beautiful birth experience.
HypnoBirthing Mothers Birth More Comfortably
- 77% of HypnoBirthing mothers who birthed vaginally did so without an epidural;
- 45% of HypnoBirthing mothers birthed in under eight hours;
- 17% of HypnoBirthing mothers birthed via C-section, compared with the national average of 32%;
- 9.5% of HypnoBirthing mothers chose to birth in the comfort of their homes (national average is less than 1%); and
- 6% of HypnoBirthing mothers chose to birth in freestanding birth centres (national average is less than 1%).