HypnoBirthing is a complete childbirth program that is run 1 session a week for 5 weeks. It is a 12 hour program that covers everything you need to know to prepare for the birth of your baby.
You can choose either to take the course as a group class or privately in your own home.
Group classes are run in bexhill, new south wales and are taught over 5 saturdays or sundays from 10am until approximately 12.30pm. Groups are limited to 3 couples and offer you the advantage of meeting other couples who are on the same birthing journey as you - a bond which usually continues beyond the birth of your babies. Group course start dates and days are co-ordinated to suit the whole group's availability.
Private classes are taught in the comfort of your own home and can be tailored to fit into your weekly schedule.
all classes include:
- at least 12 hours of class time;
- the textbook: "HypnoBirthing: The Mongan Method" by Marie Mongan;
- an extensive folder of course handouts;
- a download card for the Rainbow Relaxation and positive affirmations soundtracks;
- unlimited email and phone support with me; and
- my gifts to you: a small canvas carry bag, birth affirmation cards by the incredible @spiritysol and a Tinderbox Lavender Mist.
as fees vary with location and setting, please contact me to obtain the prices for my classes.
Below is a brief outline of some of the things you will learn in one of my HypnoBirthing classes:
- Relaxation and self-hypnosis techniques to eliminate the fear and tension that causes long labour and pain;
- The function of the uterus and how fear affects it;
- Breathing techniques to produce a shorter, more comfortable labour;
- How your birthing companion can support you during labour and birth;
- How you and your birthing companion can create a birthing environment that is calm, serene and welcoming rather than tense and stressful;
- Ways in which your birth companion can be closely involved in your labour and baby’s birth and how they can help you focus your attention during birthing;
- Massage techniques to release endorphins to help you relax further during birthing;
- How to write a birth plan and discuss your wishes with your care provider;
- Positive birth affirmations;
- The importance of bonding with your baby prenatal and postnatal and suggestions of how to do so;
- An explanation on how the body works during pregnancy, labour and birth;
- Identifying and eliminating your fears and negative belief systems;
- How to avoid artificial induction of labour;
- What to ask if intervention is needed so you stay fully in control;
- Labour and birthing positions to assist you with comfortable birthing;
- Gentle birthing techniques that allow you to breathe your baby into the world without the violence of hard physical pushing;
- The importance of skin-to-skin contact after birth to facilitate breastfeeding and bonding with your baby; and
- That birth is a normal and natural process which will be established as you watch beautiful and positive birth videos of HypnoBirthing couples from all over the world.
After completing a HypnoBirthing course you will be fully prepared, confident and educated in how you can achieve a positive, calm and empowering birth.